View Single Post
10/12/11, 11:07 PM   #29
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
DonMoore10

The Kokomo Klash has been on my schedule for several months now. Before we have a bunch more people ready to tell the racers to stay home if they don't like it, I can well afford the entry fee for this race. My point in my first post on this thread apparently went way over the heads of most of you on here. Frankly I don't have time to rummage through every track's web site for the particulars of a $1200 to win race. I was on the road last week for 5 days in St. Louis, arrived back home Sunday night, addressed several business issues on Monday that were put on hold because I was away and spent the last two days preparing a race car for the Kokomo race.

A flyer was being handed out by USAC for the Kokomo race in the pit area at the Gold Crown event. I have it in front of me as I type. Nothing about an entry fee or a late fee. The flyer has a web site mentioned.. www.usacracing.com. Nothing about a Kokomo web site. "Jill" posted on IOW today the particulars of the race. Nothing about an entry fee or a late fee. I'm glad that some of you have all the time in the world to visit track web sites. Congratulations. I don't and since this is a race under the USAC D1 Midget deal, I would expect it to be conducted like other D1 events that I have participated in this summer. Yes, I paid an expected entry fee for those on the day of the race. I assumed that since it's a USAC event that the Kokomo race would be conducted in the same manner. Clicking through several pages on a web site to find out about an entry fee and late fee is not my idea of being upfront and specific of what to expect at this race. Plain and simple... If there's a late entry fee or deadline, be upfront with it. BTW, I have never heard of a late fee tacked on top of an entry fee for a run of the mill $1200 to win race.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 10/12/11 at 11:15 PM.

3 members like this post: dant, rmcar, Russ