View Single Post
9/18/11, 10:32 PM   #198
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
DAD

That was not a jab at you. In you post you spoke the truth. Than kind of caugh me off guard. You are in business to make engines and a living. We race mini sprints and use electronic injection. We did change over to methanol and spent about $500.00 to do so. We have guys racing mini sprints that spend thousands of dollars changing over to mechanical injectors. They want to be like the big boys and run what they run.

There is an old wives tale out there that electronic injection is too expensive and complicated for the average racer, that is pure bull. I use an old clayton dyno and exhaust analizer to dial in my injectors seems to work just fine for me and I don't worry about it after that. I don't change oil every race maybe every 5 just because I do. I don't get my air density gauge out anymore and I don't blow up motors or melt down pistons.

I think the big boys need to wake up and get their heads out in the day light and look at electronics. I bet YOU coul build a retrofit electronic injection for less than $2000.00 and that would also include the ignition unit. It would be very easy to convert their old throttle bodies over to electronic injectors and they don't even know about how shower injectors would help them.