View Single Post
9/17/11, 10:59 AM   #197
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
Revolution Racing

Not sure where you are trying to go with that comment "Dad", but I don't want anybody to get the wrong idea about what I'm doing so I'll just make myself clear;

There are a couple of racing organizations out there that for whatever reason will still not ALLOW EFI. They will however allow the bacic ECOtec engine configuration. So I have had customers request mechanical injection on ECOtecs in order that they could race with their paricular club. These engines require the same kind of fiddling and tuning that any mechanical engine would, and you have to change the oil just about every time you run the engine because mechanical injectors are incredibly ineffiecient, but overall it is a satisfactory product for those who can not go EFI or those who just can't get their heads around the idea.

However - to be clear - the EFI ECOtec is a superior product in every way. It costs less to purchase AND to keep running, it will last a LOT longer, and it gets around the track faster.

As I said before, my job is to build engines for customers. You want a mechanical engine? You got it. You want to know which type is better? My advice is completely free and totally optional. Now you know where I stand on the issue.

3 members like this post: DAD, Midget 89, Mud Packer