View Single Post
9/9/11, 9:03 PM   #130
LocalYokel

I realize that the issue being discussed here is far more complex than just the motors. However, if someone were so inclined, they could easily purchase a used Gaerte or comparable motor for $11000 and go racing. The motor might be down a few horsepower from a new engine, but it would have a great advantage over the Revolution engine being discussed. A used engine would probably have to be rebuilt after the season and would make the enpenses greater than the Revolution engine however.
When all is said and done buying a used inline midget motor would give you the capability to compete for the win instead of a top 5.
I think the Revolution motor program is a great idea, but let's face it, nobody races for fifth. They race to win.
As I said to start though, this problem of car counts, and the slow death of midget racing in general, has too many varibles to discuss. Motors are just one small problem among a laundry list of other problems.
Tires are a big issue. Another issue is venues to race at. Why buy a midget to race once a week at a track that might be several hundred miles away, when you can buy a sprinter and race competetively 3 nights a week at tracks you know are going to run and that are an hour or so from home no matter where you live pretty much...
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

One more quick thing to add...
Who can afford any type of racing these days? Expendable income is a thing of the past. 99% of our population would have a very hard time affording to run a TQ, mini sprint, or even a bomber! Myself included!
I think the current economy is midget racings biggest obstruction...
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by LocalYokel; 9/9/11 at 8:55 PM.

1 member likes this post: team3521