View Single Post
9/9/11, 6:24 PM   #125
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Don,

Sorry, I didn't mean you were giving up on this! I meant this post because it looked like it was turning into a TQ vs a mini sprint argument and I know you like to stay on topic!

"I won't be giving up anytime, thanks."

So what are we going to do with our $30,000 engines if we go to a "spec" engine? I'd just like to see the rules adjusted so that the Ford and Buick and Chevy headed motors, etc. could still compete.

As a spectator, I don't know about you guys, but I love the sound of those "unlimited" 166 ci engines. Idling, running past you wide open down the straight away, firing it off a corner, etc and I can't imagine that being changed in midgets. I love them the way they are! The rules don't need to be completely overhauled in my opinion, they need to be revised! If the sanctioning bodies changed to a spec motor, mine is worthless. I don't want to sell my very expensive midget engine to some dude for a few thousand dollars and he's going to stick it in a boat or some stupid project. I want to race it again! Just put me on a level playing field with less cost and I'm there! Racing! not watching others spend their money.
I'm not sure if I hijacked the original post or not, but I wasn't about to stand by, and not be counted, when someone is saying TQ's are dead, when they aren't, but if that's the feeling, I appoligize for the hijack, if in fact that's what happened. I have just as much passion for Midgets, so I didn't feel I was the hijacker. Nuff said. Bob!