View Single Post
9/9/11, 3:28 PM   #118
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
Everything you stated was fine backitin except where u said were spoiled. Yes i love to watch midgets and especially quality midgets but what u obviously dont realize is no one is gonna keep promoting these cars and tracks will stop bringing them in if there only gettin 16 cars, thats the point. And IMO id rather see so simple rules to even it up and bring the cost down than to just say run what ya brung. The main reason.....if the cars are fairly equal then guys will actually be driving to a victory not buying their way to victory......im done on this to many people that dont grasp the big picture....to bad for midget racing.
Posted via Mobile Device
I didnt mean it as a put down, but you have no idea, although how bad it is now it can be. I'll trade you 1/2 of your racing for the crap we have around here. Really the only nonwing racing we have is Hamlin PA. A great little track, they run nonwing 600's which are nice but they're micro's on ten inch wheels. Besides that you have to sit threw 20 spinouts in the 270 winged micro's to see any 600 racing. I know I'm getting a bit off topic here but somehow poeple tend to think a 270 is a good starter car cause they dont have horsepower, when just the opposite is true a car is easyier to handle if you have ample horsepower and dont have to rely on spinning the guts out of a hand granade to keep up momentum, which is a great thing to learn but momentum comes with time. I understand totally about midgets, they cost alot of money.