View Single Post
9/9/11, 2:37 PM   #116
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
DonMoore10

The Revolution racing type midget engine for 11K is exactly what the midget sport needs. I'm all for it. My question is: Does that come with a self starter/clutch? As much as I love the push trucks, we are living with ancient technology, guys, with the pushing. It needs to go to grow this sport. Like I said earlier, there is not a promoter in the country that would not welcome the midgets without the push trucks. It needs to go.

I vote no on the $15,000 version midget engine that Keith talked about. To me it's just the start of higher costs again... spending more money when not needed. I personally think the current midgets are too fast. I'm sure there are drivers that won't agree with that, but it's not how fast you are going but how much competitive racing can you generate for the fans. I did an informal survey a few years back on here and IOWheeler's overwelmingly stated that it wasn't the speed but the competition that gave them the racing high. Once again, we all need to put aside the way things have always been done and build the sport based on the fans and not those internally involved with the sport.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I believe the two guys for the job are right here................TQ29m and DonMoore10...................
Not gonna happen. I already have several hundred thousand dollars at stake here that I fear will be wiped away soon if something doesn't change. That's enough to keep me busy. I'm not only an owner but I'm a long time fan of the sport also.

2 members like this post: jdull99, Xflagman