View Single Post
9/9/11, 12:40 PM   #111
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
backitin

You guys are spoiled, I'd take 16 of the the best nonruled midgets over a field of great, good and junk throw together just to have a full field. Have time trials for cash, points or whatever. Fast guy's start in the rear. Thats what makes for the most boring race's, you start the fastest guy up front, then in order, slower and slower and wonder why its a frieght train. Back at Flemington the fastest guys would start in the rear, and as a pack charge they're way thru. As much as I love Sprintcars today as a kid I didnt like em that much cause the modifieds were almost as light and small plus they ran Big Blocks with injectors. At the time I knew of some guys that were running 1500 or so horsepower and could use every bit of it at the square, which was know as modified country usa for a reason. Now we were just small block wanna be's BUT we won some of the biggest races of the season the 100 lap specials. We'd start out with so much fuel the rear end would be draggin but we didnt have to pit like the big blocks. There pretty much were no rules at all back then and guys were still racing with just tee shirts running probley close to a 100 gallons of fuel, lol. Anyhow the reason we didnt like the sprintcars was they had to push start the dang things. Everytime there was a red and there would be (flemingtons other knickname was flip city) You had to sit around too long to see a small block car that was basically the same as the modifieds with a 1000 less hp. Know I'm much more knowledgable now and know you guys have the best racing anywhere, them 410 sprints, the ultimate in race cars, sorry midget guys.