View Single Post
9/9/11, 9:25 AM   #102
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Here is an ad from an internet classified:

2007 Beast (XXXXXXXXX motor) for sale.Leading XXXX Points, second in 2010. All the best stuff, tons of spares.
Motor was rebuilt in March by XXXXXXXXX, eight races on motor so far. Motor was updated with all the latest and greatest stuff ( $9200 )worth.

So.... $9200 to rebuild the $22,000 engine..... This is totally insane.
Yep, somebody is making out like a bandit, maybe the parts manufactuer, or the engine builder. Probley both. By the way Ott engines are some of the best, probley cost twice what they should be but you cant go wrong with one.
My bud is a supreme car builder/restorer/money maker. He says if you got the money and arnt so vain that you need new everything a ardc competitive car can be had for under 10gs ready for the track, same for a 410 nonwing sprinter. Now I will say we run smaller tracks and a good engine can last quite awhile. Getting a car is the easy part. Tires, fuel, shocks, engine rebuilds, fuel for the hauler thats what we cant afford. If your real good at getting sponsors you can make out ok. Thats my problem I never ask anybody for anything, never had, so my sponsor seeking skills suck, hell I wont even try.