View Single Post
9/8/11, 12:34 PM   #63
Bradleyracing86

What if:
We took the idea even farther.. Just throwing this out there if you don't like it, don't catch it..

In the economy that we have today racing will die off if we don't change something..

Midgets are struggling, upright mini sprints are struggling (although doing better) and tq's are dead. I talked to Bill May about our rules recently and told him I thought our rules were probably why are series was hanging in there during these tough times, and they didn't need changed. However after racing with the midget guys at Mountpeliar and seeing the two different cars run together at North Vernon I have some different ideas.. The problem with midgets is motors cost too much, problem with minis is people think a chain drive is crude.. What if we opened our rules to allow quick change rearends, what if we said you can run any manafactured 1000cc motor, weather it's a cycle engine or car or whatever. There is no innovation in what we do anymore...
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

This would allow.. 600 uprights, tq midgets, and maybe lower hp midgets to compete together... Really I dont mind racing with the midgets on smaller tracks but big tracks they would eat us!
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

And 1000s
Posted via Mobile Device