View Single Post
8/21/11, 10:36 AM   #6
Re: Springfield Observations
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Tyler was on American Racers. The track was extremely fast in hot laps and time trials. Some were barely lifting going into one. Tracy Hines' quick time was incredible. I thought for sure he was goin to the wall in turn one but somehow it stuck. 29.2 in hot laps was the fastest I've ever seen it. I also noticed how they didn't pack the cushion, only watered it, in an attempt to actually try to have one for the race. Unfortunately the sun came out during driver intros and ruined it. There was good racing in the race but hot laps and time trials were worth the price of admission. I'm still thinking about it today! Thanks to Jason McCord for an obvious change in philosophy on track conditions. When there is a high groove early it makes for a wider rubber groove later and they could run anywhere on the straights. They just need to not pack it so tight and they'll have it. Donnie Beechler rearranged his roll cage in a hard end over end flip coming off four late in the race. Thank God he was ok. Over all this was my best post race buzz from there in many years.