View Single Post
7/14/11, 10:26 PM   #117
Re: brownstown ISW sprintweek race #5
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadd8up View Post
good question i was at gas city the first nite and they ran a non qualifyers race and haven't done so since the first nite and i have no idea why.
This is from the sprint week entry form

"QUALIFYING RACES When the total number of cars qualified is 37 or more, a Qualifying Race may be held for cars qualifying 33 and higher, starting straight up by qualification order. Cars finishing 1 through 4 will start behind qualified cars in the heats. Added Heat Race starters from the “Qualifying Race” are eligible for the Semi Feature and will line up according to the official qualification time.

When the total number of qualified cars is 48 or more a second qualifying race will be held. Cars qualifying in odd numbers starting with 33 will comprise qualifying race #1. Cars qualifying in even numbers starting with 34 will comprise qualifying race #2. Starting position will be based on qualifying starting straight up. Qualifying race winners and 2nd place finishers will start 9th in heat races, finishers 3rd and 4th will start 10th. These cars will also be eligible for the semi feature and will start according to qualifying time."

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

the first 2 heats had 11 cars in them, accounting for 24 in the b main

I think 42 cars is the cut off for not running a non qualifiers race I cant see usac starting more then 24 in the b main
Last edited by VSneader2; 7/14/11 at 10:28 PM.

1 member likes this post: chadd8up