View Single Post
7/12/11, 2:03 PM   #172
Re: Lawrenceburg ISW Updates
FishBurger

I'll leave the track condition and racing quality analyses to the board experts, but it was a GREAT night for me in Section "A".

Most enjoyable and in a bit of a surprise, IOW boss Bill Gardner and fellow LPS mod competitor Josh Boller (at least I think that's the name I heard. I'm one of those old guys with hearing loss who is too vain to admit it) joined us to watch the sprint heats. Bill advised that he and Brian will be running the mod in Minnesota in a few weeks and then will be back to run The 'Burg before seasons end. on that. I think Hayden will like the 3/8 as I recall he was tough on the bigger faster ovals. Not too shabby on bull rings either with 6 feetch wins at LPS.

Greg Staab and a lady much too pretty for him joined us as well. Greg said Section "A" could use a "little class" and I've heard some of the Lawrenceburg politicos opine that Staab has about as "little class" as anyone they've met. We were treated to another Dog rant on how GREAT Indy is and how BAD Cincy is. I thought he was taking a big risk bringing that foxy gal up there but she didn't run off with Danny B. as I had feared she might.

We had a double Mug night, first with former multi-time late model track champ John Mugavin (WallbangerII) stopping by for an always enjoyable visit. He bailed on us later, but was replaced by son Shane who had just missed transferring to the mod main. It was GREAT to see them both back at The 'Burg.

I had my best night of the season in the 50/50 drawing. This time I missed out on $1002.50 (won by Vennard) where normally I only lose a paltry few hundred bucks. Who cares though, as I got to have two brief visits with Cherie.

Most of the "A" regular suspects were present as were sometimers Jerry Shaw, Rich H. and grandson, RacinBabe and that big galoot (MudPacker) she hangs with and a couple of their friends, Mr. & Mrs. Dirtfan (Elvis didn't show ), Big Steve, Doc (the dentist who I still don't have a name for after all these years), DannyB and friend, SprintManDave, Roger Zellner, Duane, and maybe even a few others snuck in while I was carousing in the pits.

Yep, one of the more enjoyable nights I've had this racing season. I gotta say I enjoyed the track action. Not the best I've ever seen but lots of passing (at least, I think I saw a lot...reading here maybe I didn't ). I may go back one day.