View Single Post
7/11/11, 10:58 AM   #158
Re: Lawrenceburg ISW Updates
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The problem is, There was a quarter mile track there that had great racing on it back in the 60s-70s-80s on a fairgrounds that was falling down around it

When they cut the track back fifteen feet to increase the presumed element of safety. That track was ruined. 90 percent of the time it was bottom feeding huggy pole racing. The exact same as what people ***** about when theres not top at Bloomington. What you'll see thursday night at Brownstown and what you'll see at ever cart track and dry slick in the nation. However people percieved they could afford to run on that track more and probably many could. However I watched teams on that old track detonate 7 motors in one year???????????

Rudy took over and they tried to put the track the way it was in the 80s and it was close.

The new track was built, For whatever reason. What good does it do to sit and ***** about it? Go or don't, Your choice. Should the city fork out another million and haul in another thousand truckloads to build a quarter in the infield? IDK, I'd love to see some variety but I don't see it or a huge demolition job just to put a quarter back on it.

I and many others love the new track, Most times it has multi grooves and isn't very dusty although the last three races have been a little more dusty than most. Its still damn fast no matter what conditions, I for one hate watching 900hp sprinters running slower than go karts.

YMMV, My only complaints of last night were sitting through Nine heats of dust (Which had great racing but was hard to see due to dust) And the fact it went totally one groove but so did GC and so do others.

I've been too bloomington three times this year, I seen one good track (Midget week) Im not driving 150miles just to avoid the burg for it, Of course I don't have to. They run fridays

Have fun, I did last night, wasn't the best but were were at a race, not mowing in the hot sun, not sitting inside durring thunderstorms. If you'd rather be "DONE WITH IT" than that. I feel sorry for you.

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Kansasdirtfan, Mud Packer