View Single Post
7/7/11, 5:35 AM   #26
Re: T-Mez & Shane Hmiel Roll Cages
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
What many have said about the wall is true. Modern Racing walls are mounted banked to the track banking and also Catch Fences will bounce a car back instead of hitting the top of the wall. THAT Is far from the only track using jersey barriers for retaining walls with no catch fence, However it may be one of the most flat and high speed to do so.

I've only been too four THAT races and seen one car exit the track *NIGG* that was way scary but was probably better than hitting the wall cage first. Either option is a costly investment for the fair board. I don't see it happening honestly. You could bury some tractor tires highth wise along the wall in the turns but then you risk having a surface to hook on if the cushion goes that high.

The choice remains, You either race on it or you don't.

BTW, Anyone determine if it was the wall or another car hitting the cage? Don't seem like anyone could have even seen what happened.

Chuck
I actually did see it, just happened to be looking in the right place, the dust had cleared from the stands enough in the open bleachers. What I saw was T-Mez vertical pointing toward the sky in the middle of the backstretch and then coming down upside down on top of another car's front end and rolling off. He did not hit a wall. I think when he hit Swindell he climbed his tire and went into the air vertical.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge