View Single Post
7/4/11, 6:34 PM   #220
Re: Action track status
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

After attending races at Bloomington on Friday night and Belle-Clair on Saturday night, I had done considerable driving and had two really late nights, and I had observed frequent lightning while driving back to Evansville from Belleville, also, I had heard there was some heavy weather to the north. So, after getting only about 3 hours of sleep, I decided I had better check IOW before heading to THAT. When I saw that there had been heavy rain at THAT, I thought that I would call off the trip, as I was extremely tired, but I attend every sprint, Silver Crown and midget event at THAT and just couldn't listen to my better judgment.
In hindsight, I should have listened to my head, not my heart. I guess I tend to be forgiving, as I have had other less than stellar days at THAT, including the April 9, 2000 NAMAR Hut Hundred that was mentioned in another thread, but I still return.
I hope they get things straightened out before ISW, as I would hate to see THAT cease to exist. I saw my first race there in 1967 and always looked forward to any event that is run there.
This had to be among the most disappointing days I have spent at a race track. I am sure the diehards like me will return, but the casual or first time fans probably will not.
Wouldn't it be interesting to hear what Jack Kraemer would have to say about yesterday?

6 members like this post: bandres21, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Indy1808, Mud Packer