View Single Post
7/3/11, 11:14 PM   #149
Re: Action track status
racephoto1

Some observations from someone wo has been involved with racing at THAT on several different levels.

1. Mr.Olson was present and involved with some of the track prep during the day. I knew when I saw his presence this was NOT a good developement.

2. You CAN run a successful day show. See Bob Sargeant's race at Springfield. No dust and it is a day show.

3. Years ago I was told by an official in USAC that they are a sanctioning body, not a promotions company. Today proved it. Promotions are for the promotors, not for the sanctioning group.

4.The call to throw the green wasn't the flagman's. He may get blamed , but he's the employee, not the boss.

5. USAC better shell out some cash and hire someone to do track prep for Sprintweek, or they will lose even more fans.

6. Yes, I will go back to THAT, but if it was a casual fans first time, USAC can kiss them good bye. Talk about leaving a bad taste in your mouth.

7. As I have posted on here before, USAC has had more unsuccessful suicide attempts then any other organization I know of. Today seemed as if they were trying a LOT harder then usual.

8. USAC you'd better call Bill Carey, you need him a lot more then he needs you, but you'd be VERY SMART to give him a call. Some times it doesn't hurt to swallow your pride.

9. MR. Miller, come Tuesday morning, everyone you talk to better know you mean business. After the debacle today the people you work with need to know that things need to change, and change NOW.