Thread: Kokomo tonight
View Single Post
MEAT (Offline)
  #104 6/27/11 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Derek Fisher:
So many asinine opinions, so little time.

I had a KISS official stand in my kitchen last night after the races and tell me that it was 27 minutes between the first call for wheel pack and the dec
ision to eliminate hot laps. I've known this person for 29 years, and they know more about sprint car racing than I probably ever will. I'm not inclined to believe 27 minutes was a figure pulled out of thin air.
What did KISS or the O'Connors stand to gain by eliminating hot laps? Nothing, in fact they risked just the type of backlash seen in this thread. So -- following the flow of logic down the proverbial river -- why then, would they cancel them? They must have had a reason, right? Seems to me that 27 minutes is reason enough when you run on Sunday nights and your program is as seamless as the O'Connors' programs routinely are.

A few other points: 1) The three sprint heats last night were competitive, run caution-free and with no apparent or significant mechanical issues on any of the race cars. There was bullsh!t posted earlier about parts falling off cars, not knowing what the car is going to do in the first turn, etc. Please. When I go to the racetrack to run, I haven't forgotten how to drive the car in one week's time and my car owner hasn't forgotten how to set it up, either. Hot laps serve a purpose but missing them is not the end of the world, and those three heats last night were proof of that.

2) Most of you superfans are still out in the parking lot drinking during hot laps anyway, so were you really cheated out of anything?

3) As far as the racetrack being not so great, it was a day show. You have EDT and a speedy program to thank for that.

4) Leaving early because you've got your panties in a wad over losing hot laps is a slap in the face to everyone who's ever wanted to race but never had the chance. Either you come to race, or you don't. It's one or the other. What a joke.

Lastly, if my four-year-old d!cks around, doesn't listen and throws a fit when I tell him to do something, he doesn't still get a treat. That's common sense. Why is it so hard for some of you to apply that logic to this situation? Rules are rules. Follow them or face the consequences.
No offense, but our car was the second one to the line up chute, and it had been less than 5 minutes from the call to wheelpack. The first car was told to "get his f&$%ing a$$ back to his pit" how professional...
Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, jarvis, jim goerge