View Single Post
5/24/11, 12:29 PM   #22
Re: Does weight matter?
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Soran View Post
ALL other things being equal.....less weight would most likely be faster. But, keep this in mind. If you could squeeze Steve Kinser's 230+ body into one of those cars, there is NO doubt, he would be the one you'd have to deal with for the win. Take that for what it's worth. I definitely would not change rules mid-season. Just show up, and give them everything you've got. Make them ask themselves if they should be adding weight.
Al, thanks for your input, and yes, we do have drivers who weigh in at Kinser's weight, and they do the best,with what they have. The issue here, as most of us see it, we we're "kinda" led to believe, after weighing the cars and drivers to get an average, and having a meeting last Fall to discuss this issue, that the weight rule would be 850#, car and driver for this season, but that didn't happen, that's why this post was made to start with, not by me, but by another racer, and when I made the comment, that if it were as it "was" going to be, it probably would add cars, to our car count, wouldn't that be "terrible"? And yes, I'm sure the ole "KOA" would make a formidable race out of it. Bob