View Single Post
4/9/11, 3:29 PM   #1
Eldora -what would you have done differently?
tsmith76

I don't post on here very often, but I would consider ELdora my home track as I go there more often than anywhere else. I'm a bit confused at what a lot of you are complaining about right now as there wasn't a lot that anybody could have done last night to change the outcome.

Put the trucks and tractors on the track earlier in the day?
- I think it did more harm than good to have them out there at all because that track was so soft. Putting them out there any earlier would have just made a bigger mess, no?

Change the order of the show up?
- From the way the announcer talked, USAC dictated the show order so they could widen the track. They could sped the drivers up in the push off chute a time or two, but thats nothing new there.

Run them in the fog?
-That doesn't even warrant discussion. Personally I think they shouldnt even have run the stock cars, granted they dont have the open wheels.

Cancel the show altogether?
-Probably would have been the best choice in hindsight Id say. But the same people would be griping about how they threw in the towell too early I'm sure.

Should have tried harder for Saturday's show?
-Ummm hello? If it quit raining Friday morning and they couldnt get it ready, what makes you think that having it rain in the afternoon is going to help them get it ready any quicker tonight?

Only thing I really think they missed the boat on was explaining the ticket refund policy last night. Unless I missed them announcing it. I hope people didnt throw their tickets away leaving only to find out they can use them for a raincheck.

What I am missing here? I realize some of you are like Superduke and are only happy when you have something to complain about, but honestly, I dont know what anybody other than God could have done to change the outcome of last night?

4 members like this post: 64chevy, Kansasdirtfan, TWagner73, Will Shunk