View Single Post
3/23/11, 7:05 AM   #10
Re: 360 sprint car motor oil?
Larryoracing

(1) You probably won't believe this, but I own a open 360 motor bought out of Pennsylvania, last year, but I forgot what oil we use in it. It has only been run twice. Bob told me and I thought it was Lucas with two quarts of some kind of additive recommended by the previous owner/ builder.

Bob says it a real strong motor and car. Not that it worth anything but the car is a Billy Boat Special...lol...Maxxim with a short set back with all kinds of goodies that everybody tells me those option don't come stock from Maxxim. So, I hope to get to run it in the future, but something tells me I will never run that car. Kind of sad, but life...lol!

2) As far as Wal Mart I had to do a 30 page case study on WalMart in my studies for my just completed MBA degree, so Bob's intution is well founded. I know, but I don't think anybody is interested. Wal Mart hurts the big vendors by getting them hooked on vast sales to WalMart only then abandons them and the subvendors go broke. Vlassic pickels and Huffy bicylcles are two examples. Vlassic pickles went bankrupt and Huffy bycylcles had to sell to China.

3) Another case study I had to do for my MBA was on Harley Davidson. Now, that is another story in survival. Deeply in debt and just about everybody including the US Government and Warren Buffet has invested 300 million dollars to keep it alive. Did you know that...lol!

The US Government has given over 3.2 billion dollars in short terms loans to keep Harley Davidson alive. I could go on a little longer, but lets hope the last US motorcylce manufacture in the US will stay alive. Believe it or not it's 50/50 chance for survival. They are gambling big time...lol! I hope they win.

4) I also own a TQ that I have really wanted to race for years. Again, not in the cards. The simple things in life we never get to do...lol!. I need or want a 5:38 winters rear for it. Anybody have one? I had one but we sold it. Another deal I did not want to do, but I did.

And God Bless Do!

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and Happy Racing.
Last edited by Larryoracing; 3/23/11 at 7:09 AM.