View Single Post
2/22/11, 2:22 PM   #3
Re: 360 sprint car motor oil?
jims41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Man, that is a can of worms, but you ask, and I'll tell you my experiences. As of right now, the only thing I'll put in my dry sump, is Castrol GTX 20w50, I've tried a lot of the others, over the past 30 years or so, but Castrol has convinced me, if it's good enough for Don Force, it's good enough for me. I remember in the karting days, all the 4-smoke guys were spending big bucks for super snake oils, and I convinced a few guys to try Castrol, and they never looked back, they were changing it at least twice a night anyway, course a qt would do that, but it just seems to tolorate alcohol better, we've had good luck with most brands, but Castrol seems to go that extra night, when we need it, it just has a better clinging ability, so sitting a while doesn't seem to bother the bearings when using it. Bob
Thanks for that Bob, I've built and raced TQ's on the west coast for 15 years and always ran Mobil 1 off the shelf in my Honda's & Suzuki's with no problem. From what I'm hearing is some motor builders use the increased Zinc additive for better lubrication in these high RPM, high friction push rod motors, but this oil is used for racing only! I guess the Zinc kills catalytic converters. You still into TQ racing?
Thanks again
Jim