Thread: Move to Indiana
View Single Post
12/9/10, 7:07 AM   #77
Re: Move to Indiana
Larryoracing

Well Dalton,

If you are still here. I know what you are going to do. And you have a backup plan. Possibly your mom will support you when you go back to school in Indiana, getting that IT degree. I know you want to be where the action is and I'm sure Indiana is the place to be. Even I would love to go/live in Indiana, but I think I would miss the city here in Los Angeles, Ca. And for my own personal reasons I will get to go racing, jump in a sprint car once in a while and possibly go see my hero, which is Tim Kaeding running the Beef Packers/Roth Racing #83 winged sprinter in Northern, Ca. I might even get lucky and see Tim take the wing off and give some of those non-wingers a run for thier money...lol!

So in reality I would much rather support those California racers who go back east and try to show those Indianaian's a thing or two...lol! There is a lot of great racers back east and they have a great history. That is undeniable.

If you were interested the ("A & P"/airframe and power) is what most technicians have when they start out building satellites at Boeing. I think that is a two year program and the US Airforce is not a bad choice, but you could die. It's up to you?

Personally I would tell any young man, get some type of degree in the medical field. Become a nurse (yes men are nurses too) or a lab technician related to the hospital/medical business/field. People are dying left and right and there will always be job for them in the short term. That's my advice...lol! That's the field I would enter if I was a young man now and I would get a B.S.

You will also always find a job fixing computers, but I don't know how much you will make. I'm guessing not much, for all the reason TQ29 mentioned.

You only live once and you made your choice and you even have a job. That is more than some people have. I wish I was young again, but I would make a lot of the wrong decisions.

For the field I'm in now, which Boeing calls a Mechanical Laision Engineer, I should have a B.S. degree in mehcanical engineering, but it is not needed. To get the job I have now, you need a B.S. in Mechanical engineering. They generally won't give it to you unless their are some pretty special circumstances. I don't have a B.S. in engineering and it took me 25 years to get the job I wanted 25 years ago. I finally got the job I have always wanted, but the chances are almost next to none for anybody coming off the streets with no degree and especially without and engineering degree to get the job I have.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

Here is an in car video of Sammy in the "A" main thursday night qualifier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Do0Jbid5c