Thread: Move to Indiana
View Single Post
12/9/10, 1:57 AM   #75
Re: Move to Indiana
SlideJob Jones

I guess I relate since when I was 16, I was positive that I could kick some SERIOUS ass if someone would have just given me the shot. I had no transferable experience, money, support or anything other than DESIRE. Desire and a dollar will get you a krispy kreme donut.

I remember in highschool my uncle asking me if I were going to play football the next year. I replied nope...gonna work and make some money for toys! He replied "you have the rest of your life to work, you never get a chance to do these things again." Oh, how wise he ended up being. Don't give up these opportunities kiddo, you WILL live to regret it.

Previously being in the same shoes as you are now, it took me until the age of 35 to be able to get into a full blown sprint car. I don't regret a thing about it, and in hindsight when I was 16 and "just needed a shot", I likely would have just torn up a lot of crap.

One of my friends is a great kart driver. He's won a bunch, and I even let him take laps after the races at Waynesfield one night...he did exceptionally well for a first timer. He REALLY wants to drive, but I wont even consider it. Why? He hasn't worked for it. "show me what you've done....."

Follow your dreams, but don't sell out your childhood to chase a likely unobtainable goal.
Last edited by SlideJob Jones; 12/9/10 at 1:59 AM.