Thread: Move to Indiana
View Single Post
12/8/10, 4:07 PM   #73
Re: Move to Indiana
hoosierdaddy

Dalton, I'm not here to tell you what to do or not to do. Do whatever it takes to fulfill your dreams, but remember that no matter your age, you can STILL race! My story to share(simplified). I raced karts from age 11 to 16. During this period I gave up playing football and all other forms of sports to concentrate on racing cuz that's what I wanted to do. @ 17 I was racing winged 360's. I continued running 360's until I 22-23 and just couldn't afford it anymore.(I'm 29 now) We sold everything! I'm still around it most every week and have helped a few young drivers starting out in sprints over the years whether it was wrenching or coaching and have enjoyed it. Regretfully though, I wish I could have my teenage years back cuz we were always an under funded family racing team that just could never get over the hump. I wish i could have played football with all my friends and tried to help them in the state playoffs all those years, BECAUSE....when it was all said and done I could have started racing sprints After high school and still had as much fun. Just make sure you always do the right thing that you are most passionate about....Good luck to you with whatever comes your way!