Thread: Move to Indiana
View Single Post
12/8/10, 2:46 PM   #72
Re: Move to Indiana
SlideJob Jones

First don't ever let ANYONE tell you that you can't achieve your dreams! It's your path to superstardom that is a little clouded.

Second, I feel you're pretty delusional about how this works. You're "willing to accept" a midget ride as a stepping stone? I think your sense of supply vs. demand is quite a bit off. From us who know and have done it, stop discounting school....make it your top priority. The rest will fall in place.

As an owner....the phrase "don't tell me what you're going to do, show me what you've done" comes to mind. Go to school, WORK and put a car together. If it takes a couple years to get it done, then so be it....use that time to work on a crew for others and build on your knowledge to be best prepared for when you buckle up.

While I've never hired a driver....as an owner I'd NEVER consider someone who has done nothing in the division who just really wants to do it, and says he will be great. Who I WOULD consider hiring is someone who busts their balls to be out there, and looks good in the car....someone who has made the sacrifices on their own to be out there, and displays their talent on their own dime. It's a long road there, trust me I know.

Lastly, don't push your way early through highschool for this. Enjoy the times you are in. You will regret it in the future.

2 members like this post: TQ29m, wright59