View Single Post
12/5/10, 6:09 PM   #38
Re: USAC Sprints all Dirt in 2011
Need For Speed

People kept ding-donging for better/stickier tires, and Hoosier obliged them.

Since Hoosier has no competition, they decided to jack their prices up.

End result, monoply on the tires, and people crying that the tires don't last, and cost too much.

'Technology' in some forms, is racing's worst enemy. Technology means $$. Spend the $$ for 'the latest and greatest', or start running mid pack. So people start trying to spend their way into victory lane, and end up broke, or not able to run the many, many thousand dollar 'toy' that they have already paid for, so it gets parked.

I too think it might be a good time to cut the cages off. I've seen way too much -driving right at people-, and -sticking a RR into somebody- the last few years. Several of the youngsters drive like they are never going to get hurt/hurt someone else!! Plus they are tearing up way too much equipment, and in some cases, ending some people's seasons, with their BS driving style!

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinround View Post
Soo...You think spending that kinda money on tires is a good thing Denny?
I think he is saying the Outlaws are buying the tires they need, so apparently the tires are not a 'make or break' deal for the WoO teams.

The Outlaws don't run pavement though, so they don't have a totally specialized machine sitting in the shop, that only gets run 7 times a season....now 0 times in 2011
Last edited by Need For Speed; 12/5/10 at 6:15 PM.

2 members like this post: SUPERDUKE, wbr