View Single Post
10/21/10, 1:59 PM   #34
Re: IndyCar/USAC Partnership?
thebus79h

Food for thought, and everybody wants to talk about the negatives of this deal, and trying to figure out how it's going to work, and all that stuff. Think about this, really really think about this.

Bryan Clauson or Levi Jones are going to get a shot to race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Let me repeat that if you didn't read it right the first time. Bryan Clauson and Levi Jones are going to get a shot to race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

I don't care if it's an Indy Lights car, or a full up Indy Car, it's still a shot at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. How many on this board have dreamed about racing there, and are never going to get the chance to (I raise both hands to that one)? It's the Speedway, the greatest track, and the greatest place in the world, and to race there, is completely special.

After hearing Bernard talk, this is going to work. I work in the retail world and see CEO's talk a big game, and you can tell when they are full of it. Bernard isn't full of it. He's going to make this happen. How many CEO's do you know that have sat in the crowd at Indy to learn, and going to dirt tracks to find out why the core group of fans has left, and listening what to do in order to fix them. Sure, I can understand that there is skepticism in this deal, and that makes sense, and if this was TG saying this, sure, I'd be the first one to be calling out BS on the deal. Bernard wouldn't be doing this if he didn't feel it was the right thing to do, and it's going to work.

And here's my last thing on this long winded deal. It's up to the fans now. EVERYBODY on this board has been screaming for years "I'll start watching again when there is a USAC guy back in an Indy Car." Now's the chance, don't screw it up. Because if nobody shows up, and nobody seems to care, and nobody goes to the races, then it's the fans fault that there isn't a USAC guy back in an Indy Car, not money, not anything else. The "fans" stated that they would "go back" if there was a USAC guy, or an American open wheel guy, and now that's happening. Lets not mess this up.

2 members like this post: 767, racefan20