View Single Post
9/23/10, 2:54 AM   #53
Re: US 24 Midget clash
9racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
Why don't you give a rest 9racing, if you don't want to take your mini and run with the midgets then stay home. I race at US24 all of the time and unfortunately didn't get to see the race, but I heard the whole night was pretty exciting. Congrat's to all of the winners that night. Actually what were the times of the 600 Non-wing compared to the midgets?
Whoa, my bad.. didnt realize you were reading this post.. So, Pump the brakes and keep your meat locker shut please.. I dont own a "mini" and I didnt say anything about it NOT being exciting.. This was opinions being expressed as to what we thought.. Thanks for your .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
I'm not quite getting it with 9racing. He wasn't at any of the shows, he thinks teams like mine can go out and buy cars at the drop of a dime and those that have seen the competition of a mix of various midgets overwelmingly endorse this type of racing.... and why don't you tell us who you are? If you're hiding behind one of your expensive $40,000 midgets engines that are being out motored by a cheap cycle engine, i can understand your frustration. If you read a previous post about the racing at US24, there was an expensive state of the art Esslinger that couldn't catch the cheap cycle engine. How 'bout that!!! With midget racing in general on the ropes, we need fresh ideas to pump some life back into the sport. Here is a format that is working and could be part of the saviour of midget racing. Let's keep an open mind. Yes.... It's hard to let go of what we know as tradition, but time moves forward and we need to look at new ways to get midget racing back on track. Is it that the establishment feels threatened by the success of these races?

The races Saturday night were run with NO TIRE RULE, REASONABLE PIT PASS FEE, NO ENTRY FEE AND THERE WAS A RECORD CROWD TO SEE THE COMPETITION... and there were 21 midgets there and that's more than the USAC show at Columbus, OH drew on the same evening.

Sounds like a winning formula that needs to be explored and nurtured.
Again, Don.. I dont "think" you can.. I dont know anything about your finances as i posted before.. Dont care to know how your pocket book works, I have one of my own.. And if you paid attention to the post it said something to the tune of "Never dabbled in midgets because I figured if I was gonna spend that kind of money, it would be on a sprint car.." So no, i dont "hide" behind a $40K motor.. And not once have I tried to insult you on your "pocket book decisions" Simply stating the fact that you complain an awful lot about the price of it, yet show up to an open show that paid very little.. You assume im all about you going and buying one.. It was just a simple, IF you think its that fair sell your midget and buy a mini and go at it! And from that it went down hill.. Now, Im sure Scott has a better idea of what is going on, since his post was dead Nuts.. Like it or not!..

And lastly Don, My name is Nick Patterson.. Im 27,, Brown hair, and eyes, last bowel movement approximately 20 minutes ago which puts that at roughly 230am.. Hung like a well built Field mouse.. If you would like any more information please feel free to ask..