Thread: lps updates
View Single Post
8/25/10, 10:02 PM   #41
Re: lps updates
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoedirt View Post
I have a question. How can you crash on the last lap or get "DQ'd" and still finish ahead of cars that are still running? The last place car was only lapped by the leader yet he was scored behind the two cars that crashed on the last lap and there was another car that pulled off while under the yellow. He was also scored behind the 12 car that according to the announcer was black flagged for passing the pace truck.
I was not at LPS so I don't know the specifics of this situation but...

1- Once the leader laps you you are lapped. It does not matter if the 2nd place car laps you or not. You are 1 lap down.

2- If the feature is 25 laps the winner is the driver who completes 25 laps first, 2nd place is the driver that completes 25 laps second, etc. Once you run out of drivers that have completed 25 laps the next position goes to the first driver that completed 24 laps, and so on.

It does not matter if you are on the track longer than another driver ~ scoring is done by number of laps scored and sequence of completion.

If a driver was lapped 1 time by the leader when the checkered flag waived that driver completed 24 laps. If a car that was on the lead lap dropped out after crossing the start/finish line as the white flag waives he would have completed 24 laps at the white flag (lap 24) and would finish ahead of the lapped car that did not finish 24 laps until the checkers (lap 25).
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 8/25/10 at 10:10 PM.

3 members like this post: Dblchkrs, Haulerin2deep, Mud Packer