Thread: Novel Idea!
View Single Post
6/30/10, 12:28 PM   #20
Re: Novel Idea!
IndyBound

Most of all I appreciate my Dad for introducing me to the sport of open wheel racing at a young age, the many friendships that have lasted for 50 plus year and the new friends I make every year in the racing community.

The racing will always be a part of my live and we are now teaching the fourth generation to love the sport as much as their parents, grandparents and great grandfather did before them.

Most racers are a tight knit group, willing to help each other in time of need and celebrate their peers accomplishments in time of victory.

There is nothing like the smell, sounds and action of open wheel racing, since moving west the anticipation of openng day after a long winter seems to have dwindled for me, But that is not a bad thing it means no long winter break, we stop racing in Nov., have special shows in Jan., Feb. and by March are headed back to weekly racing.

Over the years I have learned to respect all competitors whether they are favorites of mine or not; they are all making scarifices to entertain us.

Friendships, travel and watching my favorite type of race cars -Supermodifieds, USAC Silver Crown, Sprints, Midgets or IRL nothing beats it!

Patti

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer, racegal