View Single Post
5/6/10, 9:24 PM   #1
Terre Haute Action Track
terrehautian

Let me preface by saying a few things. A track with racing is better then a track with no racing. Also, when Mike King took over promoting, I was excited, even volunteered time to help out to get the track ready.

Now that that is out of the way, I am very disappointed in this season schedule. Four races: two in May, one in July and one in Sept. To me, for such a historic track, that is the worst schedule. Even worse is that only half on a weekend.

I realize that weekly racing won't work on such a big track there. Even twice a month races might not work with so many weekly tracks. But why not have some sort of race atleast once a month.

If there isn't more races next season, I am ready to see someone else try to promote the track. A active track is better then an inactive track.

Also, bringing "extras" such as Robosaurus doesn't exactly entertain me anymore. I know it will be great for kids.

One thing I would like to see, but would require a major time and money investment is a major concert after the racing is over. I am not talking about some local band up on the scores stand between races. A full blown concert that has quality sound and a quality stage from a well known regional or national band/singer. I realize this will increase costs, but if you bring in Brad Paisley or Zac Brown band and charge a full concert price, people will come and stay for the concert.

I plan on going to some sprint car races, but probably won't be at the Action track this year. Probably head to the burg a few times, LPS, and TSS.

I am done now.
Last edited by terrehautian; 5/6/10 at 9:26 PM.

1 member likes this post: SHORTBUS