Thread: burg
View Single Post
4/18/10, 2:21 PM   #14
Re: burg
Jerry Shaw

I don't think anybody would have had anything for JCJ, no matter what the circumstance may have been. He was on it. He was flyin'. And as Montgomery-Gentry would say, he was "Gone".

With that said, as most others here have stated, Robert Ballou was the show, last night. I can't remember too many drivers EVER who would just walk into these big, fast joints that bite people hard and just show them no respect whatsoever, as does Robert. Battling for positions within the top 5, lap after lap, with no front left tire, is the kid of stuff people will talk about for years. And other than that, many of the races best battles involved the #81 car. Not the least of which was the one between he and Damion Gardner. The best of the race, IMO.

Chris Windom also put on quite a show. And considering that he was at the very top of the sport, before his injury last year, everybody who buys a ticket will be a beneficiary of him being back at the top of his game. Same for Jon Stanbrough. He and that team have definitely made a statement this weekend. And that is that they're ready to play ball again. And when that happens, it makes everybody raise their standard, in order to compete.

Mother Nature has laid down a challenge this weekend. And that is "Let's find out how many of you are REAL race fans." And from what I've seen, the answer has been "No fair weather fans here in Indiana."
Now, on to what should be the best race of the weekend.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/18/10 at 2:25 PM.

1 member likes this post: JBallou