View Single Post
4/3/10, 6:07 PM   #1
USAC Needs to Respond to Eldora Fiasco
AlkyMadness

I've read all the posts on a couple of message boards. I've looked at the photos from Friday. If USAC had the kahunas, they need to place Eldora on probation thru 2011. During this time period, if Eldora has a repeat episode they will be dropped from the schedule and the races will be moved to another facility.

This situation has been getting worse year by year. The last few sprint races at the 4 Crown were almost impossible to see unless you were in the infield.

There is no excuse for this lack of track prep. Why is it that Tony gets a break? Because he's such a good partner to USAC? A good partner to USAC would not allow this to occur. Tony is no less accountable than DA was. USAC finally took action against DA and it's time they put their foot down on Eldora. That would go a long way toward maintaing respectability.

I've read that USAC is not responsible for track prep. Not true. USAC may not be responsible for physically working the track, but they are ultimately responsible for where they choose to hold events.

I'm just damn glad that I didn't decide to head up there this year. I can't imagine how I'd feel today knowing I'd thrown that kind of money down the drain and I know now that I will not be attending the re-schedule or the Four Crown until I see conditions improve.

2 members like this post: Hubie, Jimmydiesel