View Single Post
3/12/10, 2:07 AM   #25
Re: LPS schdedule has been updated... with USAC races.
cshuman

this is obviously just my opinion, although I agree that the daylight savings time deal has played a role, alot of the track prep now days has consisted of taking a dry, dusty, rocky track... and waiting till 4 pm the day of the race to dump a couple loads of water and go racing. I can remember at times this year one particular track having a black groove and cusion still on it from the week before. This sport started with qualifying and I think it is a HUGE part of the night of racing. I understand that there may be some fans, but still the minority that dont want to watch qualifying, but it part of the sport. There are nights where good cars start 8th or 10th in a heat due to a bad draw and dont get to a transfer and miss the show. With the competition as strong as it is, and the race tracks not always having the best racing conditions in heats races, more often then not, your night is pretty much decided for you when you draw that number at the window. Thats not racing to me.. but like everyone else, whether we qualify or draw, I will still show up and race cuz thats what we do and no matter how stupid it can be at times, its what we love..

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, SprintManDave