View Single Post
10/24/07, 11:44 AM   #17
Re: 305 Sprints - Whatcha Think?
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
Snyder used to do leases, and really, it's a great way to go, but definatly not the answer.

I don't think they're takling about getting rid of 410's, but adding 305's to the mix for the folks that are racing micro's, but want to go to a sprint car, but cannot afford it, and run a support class for them. Would it work, probably not, but for the people that think they are royally piss ass slow, you haven't seen them on the right track. Fremont Ohio for a few years they used to have the SOD vs. the 305's, and you know what, the 305's give the 360's all they can handle on that track, why? it's flat and slick, you put these things on a half mile like THAT or Knoxville, and you're clocking them with a sundial.

Oh, and for anybody that thinks running a sprint car is just as expensive or cheaper than a micro, you're crazy. My dad thought this to, but when you start tearing up stuff, then you really realize what it's all about. Plus, in the micro ranks, there is to many idiots driving the price of engines up, you don't need 8500 to win, a couple guys I drive for at themost have 3k in theres, and are just as fast as anybody there, and in fact, one of them won the ponits title at Peru.
Yes, that's what I was getting at. Is 305 a good way to go for a beginner in sprints? I seem to be hearing more about 305's and I was thinking about if it would help out the little guy. But what local track op wants to start a new weekly series without any support? Is there enough interest out there to make a success out of it for all concerned?

Thanks for all the input.