View Single Post
11/25/09, 6:33 PM   #16
Re: What are you thankful for?
Jerry Shaw

There are some things that are obvious. I'm thankful for a loving and supportive family to not only get to spend Thanksgiving with, but also one that I can count on to be there for me, when I'm in need. And vise versa.

I'm very lucky that I have a great girlfriend that I can not only enjoy the races with, but one who also doesn't take it out on me too bad, when I go to a race that she can't make it to. I'm fortunate to have her with me.

I'm thankful that so many young men and women answered the call to serve in our Armed Forces. Without them making the sacrifices that they have, we couldn't enjoy the freedoms that we do. Nor could millions of others, in other countries that we've came to the aid of.

I'm also thankful that several years ago, I took Lauren Besecker's advice and came to a website called USACFans.com. I've met some of the best people I've ever met, through this website. Some that'll be friends forever. Great people, that are hardcore race fans, that I learn something, just about every time I'm around. Bill Gardner's creation turned the races, something I already loved, into an episode of Cheers, every time I step out of my car.

And something that I sometimes forget about, but was reminded of again, today. That I'm thankful that God chose to put me right here in West Central Indiana. Earlier I went to Krogers and Rural King. Between the people around me in the checkout lines, the ones that I passed in the aisles and the cashiers and stockers at both places, I noticed just how warm and genuinely friendly the people here are. I wouldn't trade my years in the military or time traveling in my career for anything, but this is one of the things that I always missed the most, when I was away.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in my IOW racing family.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 11/26/09 at 3:32 AM.

4 members like this post: jerrythar500, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright