View Single Post
10/17/07, 5:59 PM   #1
My thanks for a great Funfest 2007
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I would like to personally thank everyone who made Funfest 2007 a success. From track promoters, racers, fans, staff, and everyone in between. With out the help of all these people this race would be a nightmare. We had well over 750 entries this year and manage to get done on time each night. Tory and Trent Collins and the crew they bring with them each week have been a true blessing. Sandy Lowe and Terry Murray and wife have done a great job scoring all season long. Sue and Lisa Collins are great workers and everytime i need to just have a moment to relax i go and see them and i always walk away with a huge smile on my face and more at ease. Chad Cunningham and Jaymin did a great job announcing all weekend and did'nt even lose thier voices. Thanks to the safety crew of Bobby Gomph and the Fire departments and EMT's who provide a safe place to race and are there when needed. One person who works thier tail off week in and week out and gets nothing but grief is my friend, my love, my wife, Kim. Thanks Kim for putting up with me and supporting me. Lord knows all we do is work and never get to spend time alone with each other.
Tim and Mel Johnson put every once of energy they have to make the track smooth and racy each and every week. Terry Eaglin and his staff also do wonders for this event. And i can't even forget Tim Montgomery our flagman who toughed it out all weekend long, not taking one break. I would also like to thank all the people who pitched in to help clean up after each night of racing. And one big huge thanks to David Reese for stepping up and taking on much much more this past weekend due to Mel Johnson's unexpected surgery.
I know i am forgetting some people, and i apologize....i am so grateful to be working with the best in the business.
I know sometimes i don't get around to thank each one of you for what you do, but believe me i am thankful for all of you.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
P.S. Special thanks to Joss Moffatt for letting Tom Bipes make the final laps around the 1/4 track.