View Single Post
thebus79h (Offline)
  #29 10/16/07 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by john3g:
Kevin...

I agree 100%...but is there any kind of answere out there?? When the 360 deal started they all said this is the answere. Cheap engines,you won't use as many tires and you won't have to rebuild the engine as often. Well we all know that deal has gone over the edge financially. Shocks, well they are completely stupid (as far as the price goes). Heck the car is the cheapest item to buy. The tire deal didn't really change the cost of weekend racing as much as advertised. The purses as you stated havn't changed in 20 years and I know that in this day and age it can be tough for a race track owner to make serious money each week but that being said I still think they (PROMOTERS) could be doing more to help the situation by PROMOTING instead of just trusting their fate to chance in the hopes that they will have success just because the doors are open. I mean the promoting thing works!! All you have to do is go to B'town,Tri-State or L'burge to confirm it. As far as cutting the cost so that the blue collar worker can afford to race I'm not to sure that it's not already to late. The fans already pay enough so you can't dig into them for more cash and the racers are paying way to much per week so what do we do. Where do we cut first?? Engines are the most expensive part but what do we do to make the changes necessary to lower the cost that hasn't already been tried?? I am all for a BIG change to lower the cost or you're right there be nothing but big money teams racing. Something needs to be done thats for sure but what??
I for one think that the ASCS is doing a heck of a job with 360 sprint car racing. I for one know my dad would not be able to afford to race a sprint car if it wasn't for the 360's.

I for one would love to race a sprint car, even if it's a once a month deal at a local track, it doesn't matter. What seems to be the trend is the people who want to race sprint cars either for a living, or for fun, cannot afford to even come close. I might be able to straggle enough money to buy a frame with a motor plate, but I severely doubt it. The guys going from micro's to sprint cars are moving on at an astonishing rate that Kevin's right, who are the next Darlands or heck for that matter, Briscoe's going to be?