View Single Post
10/16/07, 7:33 PM   #24
Re: To Kevin Briscoe
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Soran View Post
:headbang:I'll try this once more. I have been preaching this gospel for years and years to deaf ears. Sprint car people don't get it. Maybe someone can explain why.

Brick hard right rear tire that can be run half a summer (sorry to the tire dealers out there). Iron block (Ahhhh! Sorry Rodeck, Gaerte, Donovan). No adjustable shocks (sorry Penske). Here's the real deal blower. An engine claim. Say $1500 for the long block. Whoa! God forbid!

Would it work? There is an IMCA/UMP modified on every street corner where I live and those are the basic rules governing them. The racing is close and the guys doing it are working stiffs having a blast. The ones who can afford it, step on up into late models. It's working.
Al, you are on the right track but I would make a couple of adjustments. As far as the brick hard RR tire and no adjustable shocks you are dead on. An iron block is a good idea but would force car owners to scrap what they have and spend more money. An engine claim just isn't workable. With a brick hard RR and no cockpit adjustables it would be difficult to get all the power from a banzai engine to the track. Teams would be forced to use their knowledge to get the most out of their program, not their wallet. And a harder LR should be part of the deal as well.