View Single Post
10/16/07, 3:02 PM   #18
Re: To Kevin Briscoe
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Al, Your right but there are a ton of holes in this. The UMP tracks I've visited, I bet you couldn't build a motor for less than 6000. Rear Steer? When did that become part of IMCA Mods? Shocks, Ungoverned, Running tubes in tires to make them hard tires hook, Well you ruin one quicker than you might think.
Claim Rules?
Ever been a part of a claim? Seen one happen?
The ones I've seen by another team or a promotor left very bitter taste in everyones mouths and I've even seen violence erupt from them.

It's gonna take car owners, Sanctioning bodies, Drivers and promotors all sitting at a table nationwide to put together some cost reducing rules.

How bout a compression rule? That could save five grand right there (Top three tested at every track every night) How do you get compression? Heads and Pistons, Two of the biggest cost rising issues. Billett alluminum is also going through the roof. Maybe save all your pop tabs and have them melt you down a new block to hone? LOL.

How about no adjusters or adjustable shocks with no incar adjusters therefore those saving money on multiple shocks still race with the setup they hit the track at every track and sanction?

How about passing points systems. Don't matter if you got a 20 grand car or a 60 grand car, you pass people, you earn your way, (Qualifying often exploits the 40 grand motor from the 20 grand)

How about making cost saving rules that keep competition between manufactures in the mix

It will have to be universal or it just won't work. As Much as I agree with Kevin, Those that can spend more, Will!!!! and there is no end in sight.

Chuck