Thread: Winter tqs
View Single Post
10/30/09, 10:16 AM   #24
Re: Winter tqs
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
I'm not real familiar with TQ's, but whats the problem with a car having a transmission?
Slide 22, a transmission in a minisprint, is not a problem, because that's the way your rules are written, the rule for a TQ is different, and very simple, a one to one direct connection, between the output end of the crankshaft, and the lower quickchange gear in the rear end. No reduction in ratio, between the end of the crank, and the QC rear end. I have a question for you, would your rules allow a QC rear end, in a mini-sprint? Thanks! Bob

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Dirt Bowl View Post
First of all I don't think anybody is a jerk. I am not mad at any racer no matter how they feel about my car. I also understand you wanting to protect your investment in R&D. I did talk to you at Shelbyville and looked at your car. You have alot of work and money in your set-up thats for sure. Lots of one-off parts. After Shelbyville I contacted Mark to ask about rules and he hooked me up with the Tech Dir. Jerry Frickman. Jerry and I started talking about how it could be made eaisier and cheaper for the regular joe to get into TQ's. Not the guy who has a machine shop and can make anything work. We came up with the set-up on my car, I got the O.K. and built the car, and now here we are. I can't tell the future. All I can go by is what I was told I could do.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Just for the record my car can not be shifted nor can I use the clutch. The only thing different about my car is the drive shaft is conected to the transmission output shaft, I still have to be pushed started. The drive is set up like a dwarf car or modlite.
Carl, when you called me,and asked about how this hook up is done, and I explained it to you, I also told you it wasn't legal, under our present rules, I PM'd you, on here, and explained that again, and, I also called you, and left you a message, again explaining that under the current rules, it would be illegal, you didn't respond to either, so I assumed you had taken my advice, and chose the conventional method of hooking up your engine, as you already had a "conventional" TQ driveline, in your car. A few guys have gutted the trans case, and used it for the sump, but are hooked up to the end of the crank, just as the rules state. I hope we have closure on this matter. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 10/30/09 at 10:30 AM. Reason: None