View Single Post
10/21/09, 8:47 AM   #10
Re: "From A Few Years Back" - A very popular supermodified trio - "The Alabama Ga
Lucky161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
I lived in Pensacola Flordia in the late 80's and early 90's. It wasn't until much later that I learned what a golden opportunity I missed out on by not checking out some of the old supermod guys who were still in the area. I knew that Mobile had been a center of supermod racing - and to some extent, Pensacola, but that was gone by the time I moved to the area.

Wayne Neidecken was still around and I ran into a car owner by the name of Johnnie Ardis from Mobile who had been in on the old days. Not to mention that he owned what must have the only sprint car on the gulf coast from Houston to Tampa at that point in time. Also later came to find out that Bill Hite lived in a small town between Mobile and Pensacola.

This would have been a golden opportunity to get a lesson in supermod history in the south from some of the people who lived it.
I remember Wayne Neidecken racing in DFW when he lived in Abilene TX. This was on dirt, but he also raced on pavement back in those days. There is a great story about him coming to Austin to race on pavement at
http://txsz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7049

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Has any sponsor been involved in racing longer than Lewis Long Ford?