View Single Post
10/8/09, 10:23 PM   #127
Re: cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
The most important person at a race is the FAN!!!!! Without the FAN, you have nothing. Without RACE FANS, there would be no races unless everybody pays to race and there is no return. Now, a very interesting observation regarding those who have posted in this thread and have supported the actions of the two teams that vacated the track after the practice/pill draw: VERY FEW MENTION ANYTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER WITH THE RACE FAN. It's all about this driver, a business decision, a race team and people dreaming up all kinds of scenarios to make this deal sound politically correct. This is the almighty ME society coming through loud and clear with no respect for the RACE FAN.

I will say one thing as an owner that HIRES drivers to race: Not in my wildest dreams would I ever, ever, ever suggest to a hired driver who has come to the track to race one of my cars that we load up after having presented ourselves to the public at a race track. Whe you come to a race track... deal with it.

I have been fortunate to have some of the best midget drivers in the business drive my cars and I cannot envision any of them suggesting that we load up and go home. If you show up at the track and present yourself to the public as part of the entertainment, IMO, you have an obligation to complete your part as an entertainer and deal with the circumstances that are presented to you.
I can not believe your post. Your cars sit parked all of the time. You complain about the cost of racing all of the time. You tell us that your cars will not race because the pay is bad, or that the entrance fee is too high. You complain about every one charging you to pay a pit pass. Now, you talk down about two guys who have competed in more races this year than most of us could dream about, and say they owed us something. The irony in your post is amazing.

As a fan, I am disappointed that the two guys loaded up. However, I completely understand why they did it, and do not hold it against them. They are not the first guys to do this nor will they be the last guys to do this.