View Single Post
10/4/09, 9:23 AM   #8
Re: cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
microsprint15

I fully respect both team's decisions not to race. Most fans have no concept of the amount of money it takes to operate a competitive sprint car team. I am a fan, driver, and car owner (micro-sprint) and I have been in similar situations myself. Would any of you fans just run down the road and drop $100 dollar bills out the window for no reason? Along with the basic expense, there is also the chance of tearing up several more thousands of dollars in equipment at an unrealistic shot at even breaking even for the night. If you want to see some of these race teams fold, and not race anymore at all, this would be the way to do it.

Obviuosly the draw is probably not the best way to run a race, especially without passing points. I have been to Lawrenceburg numerous times, and generally passing is at a premium. Sometimes it best to really weigh your options and decide if the risk is worth the reward. In this case it probably wasn't a gamble worth taking.

I am a Bryan Clauson and a Levi Jones fan and I will give them props for having the courage to stand behind what they believe. I will pick up an extra T-Shirt the next time at the track to make up for the one that you will not buy. This is one thing I can do as a fan to help keep these race teams going.

-Ryan Leek

1 member likes this post: mtek56