View Single Post
9/24/09, 8:29 PM   #36
Re: An apology and a criticism...
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I wasn't sitting in my usual area, so I didn't hear this incident. Bob Pfender and I did notice a commotion to our right at one point, and that was probably the incident you are speaking of.
I can't understand anyone ever cheering when a driver crashes. My wife and I are huge fans of Dave Darland and we believe he epitomizes the way a driver should conduct himself/herself on and off the track.
It seems that I have witnessed more altercations at race tracks this year than I have in many years. I don't have any explanation for this obnoxious behavior, but it seems I witness more of it in society in general each day.
As I was leaving my parking space last night, a very rude driver in a new bright red Chevy pickup with a #36 sticker on the back window just plain cut me off. If I had not applied my brakes he would have hit me. This type of driving when leaving the parking lot is not only rude, it endangers pedestrians. I will always allow a vehicle to enter a line if they signal their intentions in a courteous manner. It is dangerous to speed towards another vehicle on grass that is wet with dew. No doubt some of these rude drivers are under the influence of alcohol and that is a factor. If you have had too many adult beverages, then you should have a designated driver. The police are out in force with checkpoints on the weekends and I don't want to see any good race fans get in trouble because they imbibed too much at the races.
That's my $.02 worth on this matter.
I wish you wouldn't go blaming alcohol for this guys rude behavior behind the wheel, I drove a truck for years and put up with this kind of driving all the time, day and night. I had to get off the road because of these kind of people and I still hate traveling very far to even go racing.

Frankly, I am sick of the "authorities" invading everybody's privacy for "suspicion" of whatever.