View Single Post
10/9/07, 8:58 AM   #208
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofracing View Post
Chuck,

The line up problem is a problem. At some point, a series really needs to find the dollars for transponders and one way radios. That would solve the entire problem for all. Manual scorers take a lap or two to get it sorted out and then the drivers refuse to believe what they are being told to do and around and around they all go. Of course all tracks would need to have a loop for the transponders to work. At some point it will become the only way. Still, manual scorers are totally required to back up the electronic and implement the realignment.

It is frustrating as a fan or a participant to see cars going around under yellow time and time again. Frustrating for the person in race control too. Someone earlier stated an opinion about 14th and 15th. It is just as important to those guys that they restart correctly as it is 1st and 2nd. I worked 75 laps to pass a guy on asphalt in a stock car only for the caution to come out two laps after I made the pass and they put me behind the guy! I had to do it all over again. It was for 5th but it was important to me.

Barry, who believes Chuck is a good man and a voice of reason.

If the MSCS is not capable of putting on a quality show because they can not afford the proper equipment then why does it cost 20% more to go to the MSCS race at Lawrenceburg then it does to go to a USAC race there. USAC has radios and transponders.