View Single Post
9/8/09, 5:43 PM   #24
Re: Should toddlers be allowed in the pits during racing activity?
RacingGirl10

I'm with Sprinter2b on this one, my son has been in the pits since he was 1.5 months old. His first race was USAC's last race at Manzanita. He has been to Las Vegas, California, Kentucky, Illinois, Wisconsin, Texas, Iowa, not to mention all around Indiana. We understand the risks. Granted my son cannot walk yet, so he is always on my hip or in a stroller. He wears proper ear protection and absolutely loves the race track. Allowing my kid in the pits generally will make or break my decision on whether or not I go. For instance, I won't go to Gas City anymore but LOVE to go to Lawrenceburg or Kokomo or Bloomington (among others). We love being able to be together as a family at the race track. Having an 8 month old in the stands when the races aren't over until after 10 makes for a very long night, without a lot to do. Lawrenceburg has been so great this year letting us bring our motorhome in the pits so we have somewhere to go between races. Besides there's always clever ways to contain your kids....

3 members like this post: Brewer 14, Dave Rudisell, racefan1