View Single Post
8/15/09, 3:09 AM   #16
Re: Terre Haute promoter explains Hut Hundred cancelation
SprintRacer4

Totally agree with Leaders Edge...

USAC has finally pissed enough people off that they don't want to go run with them. USAC caters to they're top dogs so much, nobody feels welcome or even wants to show up 'cause they are always getting the second hand. Terre Haute is a big, fast place & can be a motor eater but you could roll out of the trailer one night at a small 1/4 mile & pop a motor too. That's just part of racing, things are obviously harder now but if this was a co-sanction race with USAC I think you would get more cars.

I also think that more people would want to run & try to make the show because of the prestige if they were 40-45 cars. If it was a USAC, PowrI show & a "local" racer goes out & makes the field he will always be able to say he beat some of the best guys in the business from more then 1 organization to do it.

I don't think that you'll ever see huge car counts at the big prestige races that are held at big tracks again, or at least not for quite some time. But if a promoter could get a good 30-40 cars at those races it will be a good show for the fans. And part of that promoter's responsibility is also good track prep.

When Mitch Miller promoted the Belleville Nationals they were 60-80 cars almost every year, this year there were barely enough to fill the field. Some think it is because it's a USAC sanctioned race, some say it's the economy. Could be some of both, who knows. Though I will say, Saturday night's show was probably one of the best I've seen at Belleville in a long time.
Last edited by SprintRacer4; 8/15/09 at 3:21 AM.