View Single Post
7/29/09, 8:38 PM   #4
Re: More competitive sprint car racing
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Car counts right now are fragile anyway. Why cut the pie into more pieces? Saturday night non wing sprint car racing is divided among Lawrenceburg, Waynesfield, Paragon, Lincoln Park and Vermilion County right now. Throw in a special show such as USAC, MSCS or SCORA at Tri State, Terre Haute or Eldora and you have even more choices. How do you figure that it would be more competitive dividing the car counts already out there? If someone can't afford a 410 sprint car what makes you think they can afford a 350? Where would the additional fans support come from?

The crate late model's haven't exactly taken the midwest by storm. I don't follow them that closely but I don't hear that much about them and car counts have been low when I have seen them. If fact I think Twin Cities ran them for a while and dropped them. I might be wrong so we need help in the area. Calling resident IOW late model expert Chris Nunn to the table! Chris, what about the crate late model movement? Can a couple of southen Indiana race tracks afford to take that chance?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante